Saturday, May 10

CHECK!

Battery charger? CHECK! Allergy medicine? CHECK! Prepaid phone card? CHECK! Well, it looks like all the pieces are assembled and just about ready to go. Our departure is only 3 days away and it hardly seems possible!

Last fall, I was on the phone with Kitty Scott having one of those lengthy, relaxed “girl chats”. While we were talking, Kitty excitedly mentioned that she had some GREAT NEWS!! She told me that she was headed to Israel!! She and her son John were signed up for a 2 week study tour with Precept Ministries. With no regard for decorum and without a second’s hesitation, I blurted out, “I want to go too!” Before I knew it, I’d placed my deposit (after checking with Paul of course!) and was in search of a roommate for the trip. In a matter of days, Renie Compton had decided to come along on the trip and was kind and brave enough to agree to be my roommate! What a blessing!

Also traveling with Scott and Debbie, Kitty, John, Renie and me will be another wonderful couple from our church, Dave and Marilyn Utterback. Hopefully we’ll get Dave to give us a few words (he’s a man of few words) on this blog. I surmise that Marilyn is a woman of abundant words so I have a feeling that it won’t be hard to include some candor from her while we’re traveling.

Weather checks advise that Tiberias weather is warm: high 80’s to low 90’s during the day. Current news from Beirut, Lebanon is a bit disconcerting but we know that the Lord is in control.

"You gave the people of Israel this land that you had promised their ancestors long before – a land flowing with milk and honey." Jeremiah 32:22

2 comments:

Jason Alligood said...

I'm very excited for all of you and will be praying for you as well. What an exciting way to see the places of the Bible come alive!

Pastor Jason

Maryann said...

Hi Joy,
My name is Maryann Rapp and I am a friend of Marilyn and Dave Utterback. I'm looking forward to reading your blogspot and hearing all about what you all see and learn. What a wonderful adventure - may you all be blessed daily with abundant energy (I looked at the schedule and felt like I needed a nap!)
And Joy, a tip.......don't let Marilyn get too hungry....she gets real cranky. ;-)) just kidding.
Shalom